Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday: Keeping Warm...And Full

Hope everyone on the East Coast is keeping warm and being safe by staying indoors! Last night, I was really hoping for my classes to be canceled. I even headed to Shop Rite convinced that there wouldn't be class today and bought a bunch of "survival" food. You can imagine how excited I was when I received an email that said one of my classes was cancelled and the university would close at 1:00. I hopped back into bed only to receive an email an hour later from another classmate asking me what she had missed in class. I was like wait...what? I realized that I had forgotten about my 11:30 class which was most definitely NOT canceled. Awesome.
I don't think this would help much if the power goes out...
I also took my dogs for a walk early in the day because there was no way I was stepping foot outside any later. They kept looking at me like "We don't wanna walk in this either dude."
Coco & Sushi, my snowy furballs
As I'm typing this I'm currently stuffed with pasta and pizza rolls. I was trying to get back into my healthy eating routine but cheating doesn't count on a snow day...right? I also caught up on reading Sophia Amoruso's #GirlBoss. If you have a plan, or goal that you would like to put into action but feel uneasy and unsure how to begin, READ THIS. It's seriously full of inspiration and is pretty much a kick in the butt in book form. She doesn't sugarcoat anything and stresses the importance of hard work. It also isn't of those cheesy inspirational books that tells you that everything will be okay if you just think about happy flowers and sparkly rainbows. It's the perfect time for me to read it honestly because I'm graduating soon and I'm gonna need all the motivation I can get. It's great. I've also read Mindy Kaling's book which I freaking loooved, cannot wait for her next one.

Well, I'm going to finally get out of bed and try to straighten up my room before Jane the Virgin comes on. At least that's what I keep telling myself. Isn't it funny when you hear yourself saying something and immediately realize that it isn't true? Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Your dogs <3
EMILIE
http://mylittlefashiondiary.net