Friday, July 24, 2015

Thriftin' & Reminiscin'

There's a thrift store in my area that I really enjoy going to. Partly because once in a while, I find something amazing-like a gorgeous leather backpack for $5(!) and also because the prices are ridiculous. Apparently, a guy comes in that checks out the clothes and sets the prices. American Eagle jeans? $18. Topshop blouse? $5. The prices are either ridiculously high or ridiculously low. So that's why I still go, you just never know.
I live in a predominantly Hispanic area, so there's always lots of vintage rosaries in there.

Cool vintage dresses that I never find in my size. 20 year olds like gaudy florals too!


Funny that a couple years ago, these books couldn't be found ANYWHERE.
This time around, I found two blouses (currently in my hamper) so it was a semi-success. But what I really loved was spotting the Twilight series. The Twilight movie came out my senior year of high school and I was obsessed. I think the books were pretty good-for a high school read. The movies on the other hand, I couldn't even finish. I remember watching the trailer over and over and being crazy excited. I went with friends to a packed theater and was so disappointed. The script was eh and it looked like a student film. And thus ended my Twilight obsession. Thrift stores are always awesome because you can find items that can take you back to a certain time in your (or someone else's) life, like a vintage prom dress or a book series about a lovesick vampire. I didn't buy them by the way ;)

No comments: